The Sixth Street Bridge

The Sixth Street Bridge
At the tender age of 17, I walked across this bridge, alone, into Downtown Pittsburgh, with $300 in my pocket that my mother had given me to get an abortion. I went into the Fulton Building (in the picture) and did what I was told to do. I didn't have a choice - if I did, I wouldn't have chosen abortion.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The New Sexual Revolution

I've written often here about my complete lack of any sexual education to speak of.  I don't think I've heard my mother even say the word "sex" three times in my lifetime and if I did it was not in any educational context toward me.  I learned everything I knew on the playground and on the bus - where most people of my generation learned about it - sadly. 

I'm hope that at some point in the future, the Lord will use me in some manner to educate young women and young men about sex, pregnancy, abortion, chastity and anything else He would have me do. 

Until then, I came across an awesome resource.  www.chastity.com.  The premise of it is a "new sexual revolution."  Amen.  I hope it reaches millions and millions of young people.  I spent time pouring over it and the Q&A section alone - if only I had such a resource at 14, or 15 years of age!  It is truly an awesome website - pass it on. 

1 comment:

  1. Here is a good audio series by an Orthodox Priest about Marriage and Sexuality:

    http://orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/frjosiah_holycross06.aspx

    Give it a listen. It's quite incredible.

    ReplyDelete