The Sixth Street Bridge

The Sixth Street Bridge
At the tender age of 17, I walked across this bridge, alone, into Downtown Pittsburgh, with $300 in my pocket that my mother had given me to get an abortion. I went into the Fulton Building (in the picture) and did what I was told to do. I didn't have a choice - if I did, I wouldn't have chosen abortion.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A kindred spirit...

Theresa Bonapartis over at Lumina often speaks words that are achingly familiar and at the same time hopeful for me. I think one of the most important aspects of my healing is the knowledge that I'm not alone in any of what I'm going through - even when I feel like it so much that it hurts - I'm not alone.  I have millions and millions of women who feel what I feel.

One of her latest entries really spoke to me - Abortion and the Divine Physician.




No comments:

Post a Comment