The Sixth Street Bridge

The Sixth Street Bridge
At the tender age of 17, I walked across this bridge, alone, into Downtown Pittsburgh, with $300 in my pocket that my mother had given me to get an abortion. I went into the Fulton Building (in the picture) and did what I was told to do. I didn't have a choice - if I did, I wouldn't have chosen abortion.

Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm sensing a pattern...

I'm starting to see that I get all stirred up from time to time and it seems random at times and at other times I should have seen it coming.  With the end of the school year, a change in my work schedule, the change in the day to day schedule, some new opportunities on the horizon, pending visits back home, and all the rest... I find myself with much unrest.  I'm usually okay with change and adapt pretty well.  I think it's the things that aren't changing that I want to change so badly that are bothering me right now.  I woke up several times last night chasing away the nightmares and then spending time trying to figure out where they came from.  So, I went looking for a little inspiration this morning and found it in my own back yard.

Dear Lord,
Help, please.
Thank you.


1 comment:

  1. I went looking for a little inspiration.....

    Your persistence is so humbling. You might say, It is a grace' and indeed, it is. Nonetheless, you respond to it again and again and again. Your model of discipleship in this blog is soooooooooooooo helpful.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete